Coronavirus: Job Retention Scheme Extension…
On 31st October the Prime Minister announced that the Job Retention Scheme (JRS) would be extended for a further month.
We are awaiting finalised information but currently available information is summarised below:
- The Job Support Scheme has been postponed and will be reviewed once the extended JRS has finished
- The new furlough scheme will be open until December with the government providing grants of 80% for non-worked hours up to a cap of £2,500
- Employers National Insurance and Pension Contributions will not be covered by this grant and will remain the responsibility of the employer
- Neither the employee or the employer needs to have used the previous JRS
- Employees must have appeared on an RTI submitted by the company on or before 30th October 2020
- Calculations are expected to reference usual hours and be similar to the current JRS
- Full and flexible furlough will be able to be claimed
- Reports and claims must be made for a minimum period of 7 consecutive days
- The employer can still choose to top up employees’ pay
- We await confirmation of when claims can be made but there will be no gap in support.